Sunday, November 15, 2015

Miscalculation

There was a fatal flaw; I found it as I began the final two rows of the mat; a Jan Stawasz pattern


Something just felt off- it had since the middle of the tatting I had done, but I could not see an error. Finally, I counted repeats in the photo ( taxing enough as it is so small ) and then counted elements in my work.

Yup. There was one error that meant I had increased the elements by one and had kept tatting. There was another mistake as well, but it was not as critical. Both boo-boos were towards the beginning.

I had spent about half an hour looking for the problem; sometimes it is so very difficult to find mistakes.

At any rate, I do not have enough of Karey Solomon's #40 or the #50 DMC to tat a new one. So, I am going to re-tat it in #80 - gasp - Lizbeth, as I have a lovely colour to use. I like the pattern; I find it a pleasing design.

11 comments:

  1. That is lovely thread. It's too bad you don't have any more. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to look at and love the one of a kind color Jan him self never tatted such tiny threads as you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, too frustrating! Can you salvage this one by doing a different final round?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I thought it might possibly be done but so disgusted, I just cut and then realized there would be not enough thread to finish. Impulsive wrong-headed move!

      Delete
  4. What a shame but so easily done. Love the colours and looking forward to finding out which is your favourite Lizbeth colour next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty colour, I can understand how it's difficult to find a missing or an extra ring in that pattern. But it's nice as it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is a pity it's such pretty thread, it a pity Jan never used colour as we do with his patterns
    Love your new heading but where's Mr G
    Love to Mr G
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret. You are the only person to comment on the header. I have to take a new pic of His Majesty for the next header. : )

      Delete
  7. Oh.....it's so gorgeous!!! :) It's sad that it can't be finished!! I hope the Lizbeth thread behaves for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always amazed about your patience to use these very fine threads:) Gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete