Saturday, June 20, 2015

On Hold

I forced myself to finish the last motif. This doily is a mess - patched places prevail throughout and many, many bad spots. I cannot pretend anymore that I might actually be able to finish it to look okay.



Well, it was good practice and I shall attempt another Ben Fikkert as I have the thread I purchased for a new project - a smaller pattern, and a present for a friend.

Perhaps I shall try this one again in time; perhaps with another thread. Perhaps this learning experience will prove advantageous next time.

6 comments:

  1. It looks good from here, but I imagine the mistakes stick out like a sore thumb to you. I sometimes find that just switching to another pattern by a specific designer helps me better understand the flow of his/her designs. I'm eagerly awaiting your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in this one. I hope you do try it again in time with these colors and have better luck with it then.

    I have been stymied in my attempts to start knitting a sweater because I worry after all the time, effort and yarn put into it, I will end up with something laughingly unwearable. But, I know I should at least try. I'm a newbie to knitting, but perhaps I should pick up shuttles and learn how to tat instead! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try DMC 80 next time- that's good thread, so is Majestic .Or even Finca 16. I'm sorry you had no luck with the Lizbeth, because I have found that the size 80 is usually very good. Except for the orange I was using for my hanky.....
    The bit of the doily you've completed looks good just as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, that's a shame. I hope the next project will go better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hate it when that happens :/ but I still think it looks great. The colors are really wonderful on this doily.

    ReplyDelete