Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Sale!

I am so pleased the the Victorian pendant sold so fast, that I am designing one more!

I used to have several links of that old bracelet, but have mailed them off to tatting friends, never dreaming I would design a pendant and actually sell it. Funny  -  life happens when you're busy doing something else! (Thanks,  John Lennon!) But, happily I have one more - so stay tuned. I have an idea...

LATER 


I can take this apart and tat another green one, or I can leave this as is. I wanted to create a different design so as not to just copy the first and so this is that!.  Hmmm.

I used my mum's very vintage, white beads, a pink Swarovski crystal and Karey's hand-dyed silk thread. I have been looking at it for so long, I don't know whether to give it a pass or not.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Also, I thought I would clear out the older things in the Etsy shop - there are only a few, but if you want a bargain, I have almost 1/2 priced what is there. (You all know how I like to keep thinks pretty sparse!  I suppose this a applies to the shop as well!) Bargain!

This is what is currently in the shop:




Anything appeal?

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the sale. The new one is pretty too. I noticed the double picot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. umintsuru,
      Of course YOU noticed! I was not sure if anyone would see that... Thanks!
      Fox : )

      Delete
  2. Leave that pendant exactly as it is! It is gorgeous! (So was the other one.) I think it's better not to have two items identical, so that each customer knows they're getting something unique. To me, that's part of the appeal of handmade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miranda, I am so happy to read this. It is exactly my thought. Thanks.
      Fox : )

      Delete
  3. Those colors on the new pendant are really pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color on the new one, and I see you put double picots on it, I would leave it the way it is :) it is pretty :) Grats on such a quick sale :X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would leave it as it is, making something different makes people look at your shop, Congrats on the early sale, the other items have not been in very long, sometimes it takes a bit longer before things sell.

    Have a nice weekend. Love to Gian
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it is amazing how 2 similar but different results can come from the same start.
    Keep this the same, it is a one of a kind - OOAK - just as the first one was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the quick sale-- I went to your shop hoping to pick it up since I loved it, but it wasn't there...either I looked before it was listed, or else it flew out of the shop so fast!
    The new design is cute, too, and a real keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the helpful comments everyone! I have left it and listed it. I also think it is good to have one of a kind items. (I had to look up OOAK!)
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well dear Fox, I am not surprised the green pendant sold so fast - It was really gorgeous! (I didn't even get to comment on it, did I?)

    And I agree with the others - the new one is amazing as well, and it is great to have OOAK pieces!

    Love to you (and love the Lennon quote!)

    ReplyDelete