Thursday, February 16, 2012

Back To It

The news this week really sent me into a spin, so I have been very quiet, but tatting and tangling in my spare time.



This is one of Karey's patterns from this publication, but right after I heard about Gina, I cut off the extra threads, unfortunately snipping the two working ones instead!  She would have found that very funny, I know!

So, because it is such a lovely challenge and a cool pattern that I like a lot, I shall cut off that wheel and start the round again.

Then I finished up this Iris Niebach pattern - an absolute delight.

However, after the first faultless round, I reverted to former inglorious tatting and there was much to be undone!  The end result, in #40 Tat-ilicious thread, is lovely, says me.

#71-100 Motif Challenge

I keep tatting Frivole's sweet little heart.  
Great pattern for practicing  Catherine Wheel joining skills. 
Thanks, Frivole!

#70-100 Motif Challenge

17 comments:

  1. Delightful tatting - the wheel, Iris Niebach's motif and Frivole's little heart. You are not the only one to have to gone down the inglorious tatting route. Me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the Pastel Rainbow turned out! It is indeed very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Ah, Miranda! I knew someone would ask... I was being lazy! It is from Fantasia 2.

      Do you like it? Is it too busy in that thread?

      I loved the thread and took a chance because I wanted to tat with it right away, but I know it is a bit busy for the pattern.
      Fox : )

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I have to admit, I do generally prefer Iris's patterns in solids. (I'm working on one right now, in fact.) But I also think it's a matter of personal taste, and every tatter will make different artistic choices. There are some who will say, "But you can't see the tatting in all that color!" Sometimes it's fun just to see the colors, though, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

      Delete
  4. I love Karey's patterns. They always turn out so nice and she uses neat tricks to make the patterns happen. I'm amazed that she's being doing patterns for so long but never gets into a rut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That top project looks like it's going to be amazing! :) And the rainbow one is just beautifully awesome!!! :)
    And the heart is very sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been feeling the urge to tat an Iris Niebach piece, but I'm determined to finish up what I've started first. I currently have too many works in progress!

    I love what you've shown us today. The pattern from Karey is intriguing. My subscription lapsed, and I just haven't gotten around to renewing it... for about three years! It seems I'm missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inglorius tatting. Hmmmm . . . I like the description. May I use it too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure, umintsuru - use it all you like, just don't do it!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you umintsuru and Fox. I,as all Tat Land, needed a chuckle. As usual, I like everything you're showing. Now need to check out my Tatting Times but first will finish the babie booties for my great niece who will arrive in June. Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi fox,

    I love your first motif and your onion rings looks good, the rainbow motif looks lovely
    Nice little heart
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hallo Fox, Karey's pattern looks intersting! And the pastell looks amazing in that color!Congrats, you did it! - Can't find your foxtangleblog,something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gunhild,
      A temporary problem - all fixed! Thanks for noticing!
      Fox : )

      Delete